(Blog made and updated weekly by mom..)

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings unto them,..." 3 Nephi 20:40



"I will go before your face...I will be on your right hand and on your left...my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you...to bear up up." D&C 84:88

Monday, June 14, 2010

..Another baptism for this month...


Dear Family,
Ok so I didnt get changed....I wish lol. But I'm pretty sure that I'm in the ( Ret-al-wa-ley-ooh ) Retelhuleu mission. And yeah I guess the fun story for this week was from yesterday. Since im with a district leader again we go on divisions a few times a week and...ok side note...When I first came into this area, Pueblo Nuevo = New people, there was me, Burton, Tobar, and Coa. Out of those 4 I'm the only one left here, 1st burton left and then this past emergency change I lost the other two...WHERE IS MY CHANGE!!!! lol.
But anyways back to the story.. I was doing divisions with one of the new missionaries here and we were teaching this one woman, Amalia, who was referred to us and she was all whatever blah blah blah. I just want money kinda thing...but then her daughter walked in, Cecilla, and shes about 25 or so, and started asking questions like, why we´re here so we switched from restoration to plan of salvation, and we taught her, and she was super cool. Asked questions and really wanted to learn. So at the end of the lesson we asked her if she would follow Christ's example and be baptized by someone who had the authority to do so...and she said YES!!!! So BLAM!! If none of our fechas, baptism dates, fall we will have 5 or 6 more baptisms this month!
Now for a little reality...Spanish is freaking hard, lol!! Its coming and I can understand more or less what people are saying to me, but man I can't put it together for nada lol. Hopefully with my latino companions it'll come faster but we´ll see.
And with the boxes, I still haven't gotten them yet. We only get cajas, boxes, when we have conferencias and with the changes this past Saturday the conference was moved to next Saturday so we´ll see, lol.
This is crazy looking at those pictures those kids are HUGE and I don't even know a few of them lolololç!!
It's so weird to think that you guys are still moving around and living your lives, at times I just kinda think that when, or if I get back, lol, that everything is still going to be the same but nope lol.
And the food....you guys dont know how easy you guys have it...when you want something it's right there for you to buy...I miss that. I miss chips and fastfood and Mountain Dew and running water.lol.
This past month the entire towns water has had problems so if we have water I get to shower...if not...then I get to walk realllllly slow in the jungle rain, lol.
Anyways that's about it for this week I think. Love you all super much and can't wait to see yall!!! Nos vemos!...see ya later, more or less, lol.


Hey I just remembered something I wanted to tell you.
My companion is a super light sleeper and apparently I wake him up a lot.
He says that I talk in my sleep and its usually in english but lately he says that I've been speaking spanish in my sleep lol.
Its funny cause I can speak perfect spanish while I'm asleep but not when I'm awake lol!

Elder Marquis

AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!
Sorry I'm not allowed to call for Fathers day...but I can if you want, lol.






1 comment:

  1. lol really slow in the jungle rain :D Love it :) Love you Brandon!!

    ReplyDelete