This week flew by super fast! We are having a little success I guess. The men in our 3 areas all listen pretty well and want to know more but the women are all like "we have a church blah blah blah" . We could get so much more done without them lol. And its super hard to really teach because most of the people here can't read or write so they only know what their pastors tell them and anything else besides that kinda scares them. But we do have 2 baptisms this coming May so thats a pick me up. We have a goal to have 10 this month so we´ll see how this goes.
How much do you walk each day?
- About 10 or so miles maybe more or less.
Do you stay in the village?
- No we have three areas that are ours..Pueblo Nuevo, Nuevo Palmar, and Las Rosas.
How is church?
We dont have a piano or anything like that so its all vocal really primative and classes are outside underneath the Banana and Mango trees...lol!
Do you understand any of it?
-Its getting easier but its super hard.I'm pretty sure it will take me 6 months to a year before I really understand everything. And its really wierd before my mission when I heard spanish it sounded like giberish but now I cant make it sound like that if I want to. What I know I know and its like I just understand what they're saying.... and I can not know what they re saying... but I do... don"t know its really wierd.
What type of food do the members feed you?
- Lots of rice and chicken and homemade tortillas...and sometimes this drink called Morcaf...so gross and hot...i really miss cold food, drinks, and ICECUBES!!!!! LOL.
Did you get the books I sent to you yet?
-nope i still havent gotten those yet lol but theyll get here when they get here lol!!!
Any cultural experiences to share?
- LOL. Well to see a woman nurse her baby in sacrament or when we´re teaching or when she's just doing whatever is one. 'Ive also see the mothers teach their kids how to pee on sidewalks. And people like to pee wherever whenever lol. And just some other things like that lol. And im soooooo grateful for a full mouth of teath. A lot of people here don't have em lol.
Spiritual experience to share?
- Well the coolest is this....we were asked to come to this guys house to teach, so we did and then the tropical rains came in and it was just complete chaos! And the guy just wanted to fight with us over whether or not the sabbath was on Saturday or Sunday...no spirit there. Then after we were walking around one of our other areas and just felt impressed to knock on this one house...so we did. It turned out to be an amazing lesson! The birds were chirping and the sun was shining and he had a family. Everything was just to perfect, and I just thought it was cool that when we needed to teach there was peace and calm outside. But when we fought it was just chaos outside...
.Another story is this, it gets REALLY hot here so last night me and Burton were going to dunk our heads into one of the local washing pools but I felt that something bad was going to happen so we didn't. I told him how I had that impression and he had the same feeling...whether or not something would have happened had we dunked our heads in the water i don't know...but I'm glad we didn't.
So yeah... thats about it for this week. lol. Keep me updated and I love you all a whole lot!!รง
If you could get like a family picture with everyone and all the new kids in it that'd be cool.
Love you all,
Elder Marquis
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


lol I love his letters :D Sounds like he is having some awesome experiences, both cultural and spiritual :) I wonder if we could photoshop a big family picture together :D
ReplyDelete