Querido Familia y Amigos,
Well sounds like your computer was pretty chafa (flat?) anyways, so thats cool. (Mom's computer got fried in a thunder storm...)
And I don't know if I told you this last week but there is this really good talk that has more or less changed the mission for me. Its called The Fourth Missionary. So good.
Oh and I received one of your packages this past week, it was the one with all the young womens letters in it and starbursts and stuff, so that was super nice. I also received a letter saying that the post office down here in Guatemala decided to do a random check of one of my packages and that if I want it I need to go to one of the offices and pay them to let me have my package, how messed up is that...."Oh I'm going to open your package and probably take everything out and give you and empty box...then make you pay for it" ...but whatever, lol. And for my birthday box I would say send it ASAP because it takes awhile to get here and then usually we only receive our letters and packages when we have conferences like every other month or so. (Mom asked Brandon when I should send his birthday box. His birthday is the end of August.)
Brandon answered some of mom's questions:
With the greeny kid, yeah get him a mosquito net, it's always nice to have one and if it can keep any kind of insects off you, its better.
With my church, it's a lot nicer than my last one, it even has a baptismal font! The members are super pilas (...charged??) and fun to talk to.
We don't really eat with the members because around these parts I hear you can't really trust their cooking but yeah. We did, however, hire a cook to do our lunches so were taken care of as far as food and that stuff goes.
Something fun that all the natives do (and I'm attempting to do) is instead of pointing with your finger for something...you point with your lips, kinda like making a kissing motion, lol, so theres a little culture for ya.
Something else is like, you know how all the kids back in the states complain about mowing the lawn...well they get to use lawn mowers and weed eaters... but here pretty much all the grass, trees, bushes, coconuts, and whatever else is all cut by machette. And the only work here is like manual labor so everyone just walks around the streets with their machetees, lol. Kinda freaked me out at first.
Oh and my companion is back from having Dengae and he's back to being District Leader now...it was a short run but a fun one lol.
Anyways love you all,
and thanks for everything!!!!
Love, Elder Marquis
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


lol The Samoans use their lips and eyebrows :D I could have whole conversations with Heps using just eyebrows :D
ReplyDelete