Ok, so here we go...
Onto my week.. We had another baptism of an 11 year old kid. He's super shy but really cool. And this weekend his cousins want to get baptised so thats nice..we should have about 7 or 8 by this weekend.
My spanish is coming along pretty nicely now. I can understand just about everything that they say and can speak it pretty decently too.
Ok so heres a little story of how this past week went down...since my comp was sick and we were missing out on the work, the assistants decided that it would be best if we did splits with some of the members so I could go back to my area in Amparo while he stayed and rested in Reu, so we did. The only problem with that is that I didn't know anyone in my area, any of our investigators, any of the members or anything, lol! So me and this member from another area went into my area and began working.
The first thing that we did was find the president of the branch. We talked with him and negotiated on a price that we would pay for a cook and a laundress. I'm proud to say that I got both for under 20 bucks lol. Next we got him to go on the look for a new house for us. My goals for the week were to 1. find a cook. 2. find a laundress. 3. find a house. and 4. Place a fecha...date for baptism.
So we went out contacting trying to get a hold on my area and we found this muddy path that followed one of the jungle rivers, so we followed it and it led us to a group of shady looking wood houses with tin roofs. We found out that a member lived in there somewhere and so we went looking. We found the family and it turns out that they were inactive and the dad was a little drinker. One of the sons was now 11 and needed baptism, (this is Wed.) and so we placed a fecha with him for this Saturday. What more could Elder Roan wish for than to come home to a baptism, lol.
We taught the kid and retaught the family and he got baptised this past Saturday and we are working with the dad about his drinking problems. The family said that they would come back to church and they did this past Sunday so we´ll see.
Unfortunately,....Spain won the world cup!!! So yeah that was my week, lol. Oh and we killed a few more of those huge spiders...lol...its kinda getting fun now lol.
Oh yeah and since Elder Roan has been sick I was made the district leader so,...yay, lol!!!
And yeah thats my story for the week. Hope you all have a good one. And don't EVER think about drinking. I've worked and talked with more drunks on my mission than I would ever want to. Drinking destroys your life and the life of everyone else!!!!!! DONT DO IT!
Love you all so much!
Elder Brandon Marquis
Questions from mom:
How is Elder Roan doing this week?
Hes doing better and we´re back to work!
Tell us about you week and your area...How was church?
The areas pretty tight. I've been downsized from two small cities with about 4000 ppl to a strip of road with side roads with about 300 ppl, lol. But they're super positive here!
How many members in your branch?
On a good sunday we have about 50 members every week, all are strong and kicking!
Have you been looking for a new apartment?
Yeah we have, we´ve only found one other here, there's not a lot of choices so we´ll see what happens with that.
What do you know about your new President.
He's super cool and really nice. And from what I've seen is a really powerful teacher and strong in the spirit. So excited for conferences with him!!!
A reply for Jeanette's question of if it is hot and muggy...YES, everyday...all day, lol. Like the other day it felt cool and I was kinda getting cold and I looked and the temperature...it was only 74, lol. Up north where Elder Burton is its called tierra fria...cold land. Gets really cold there!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment