Hello Everyone!
Dad...I havent seen any fruit bats yet but I do have a slingshot (onda) for the wild dogs here, they get pretty vicious sometimes...thats when the boots come in handy. And a little care package of pens and candy and stuff like that is cool, but don't do it if it costs too much.
1. The family that I live with is really cool. They have three kids who are all members but the parents aren't. The mom wants to be baptized she goes to church and has activities and everything but they aren't married so we need to get that done first. The Dad seems more interested this week and will be a member whether he knows it or not, lol.!!
2. So since Will is district leader we go on splits a lot and I get to go to other places sometimes and be with other elders which is cool. I rains here like every day and since the area where I'm at is like all hills the streets turn into rivers and I usually get soaked, the water goes up to my knees lol. We have another really cool investigator, Miguel, who comes to everything and is actually reading the Libro de Mormon, and asking questions and could be baptized tomorrow but he works Sundays so....yeah.
3. Cultural wise ... the houses are all like tin houses, not really running water, I cook on a gas stove when we have time, I prefer sleeping in my hammock (macka) more than my bed, and the women are still whipping out their boobies like there is no tomorrow!
4. Something really cool that happened this past week was that I had my first baptism!!!!
Her name was Jessica and honestly I believe that she is the strongest member that this branch has lol! It was so amazing seeing it happen. We got her future father in law to do the baptism which was cool. That is kinda my goal is to never actually do a baptism but to have like a friend or family member do it.
So thats about it....no....we have two more baptisms this weekend one here and one in Wills old area so cool. I can't beilieve that I already have 3 baptisms and I'm only in my first transfer...if this is the hard area...I'm going to kill the easy ones lol. !!!!
So... love you all and I'm going to try and send you more pictures later!
Love you all,
Elder Brandon Marquis
Yo se que Jesucristo es mi redentor y salvador. Que es posible para nosotros ser juntos por eternidad de un familia. Se que Dios esta aqui con yo y que ustedes son savir. Te amos todos y quireo ustedes tener mucho felicidad cuando yo estoy aqui.!!!
con amor,
Elder Marquis
Translation:
I know that Jesus Christ is my redeemer and savior. It is possible for us to be together for eternity of a family. Is that God is here with me and you are savir. You amos all and quireo you have much happiness when i am here! with love, Elder Marquis
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment